It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:17 am

LF1M 3v3 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post LF1M 3v3
Ish and I need a geared and skilled rogue or hunter.

Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:22 pm

I have neither of those but will come on my hunter.

Calous wrote:
Vista is a lot like a woman. It's pretty, but all it does is bitch constantly.

i am paper. rock is not broken. nerf scissors.

Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:03 pm
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

I'll see your "neither of those" and raise you a "my account isn't currently active either"

Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:36 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

We got our hunter.. 1580 first night.. so fun.

I think hunter works with us better than a rogue.. we just mana burn like mad and if we can get the fight to go long enough.. it's win.

Oh.. and I 1v1 beat a rogue with glaives.. and I was so LOL'ing.. That never happens.. just thank god it was blades edge.. run dot dot.. coex.. run run.. jump

Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:03 pm
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

skuld|notevilskuld|winry|ds alliance
parn|ilena|jaze|selket|vainglory|ds horde

Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:22 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

I don't remember.. and to be honest.. he was kinda bad... he let me summon a vw, bandage a couple of times.. drink once.. get a new HS.. dc cooldown.. and run like mad.. meanwhile, Ish is typing "epic" into party chat..

Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:43 pm
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Also, that team must be pretty crazy.. so much drain. How do you counter heavy melee setups though? (like warrior/rogue/druid)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

skuld|notevilskuld|winry|ds alliance
parn|ilena|jaze|selket|vainglory|ds horde

Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:45 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

We lost every game with a warrior until we decided that the long game/drain thing wasn't going to work. We tried leaving the warrior alone so he couldn't get rage, and the hunter could trap him, but it just wasn't working.

Last game we played against a team with a warrior, what we did is have me dot up the warrior, watch for the druid to pop out and then I dc and started chain fearing him while the hunter DPS'd and Ish dispelled the hots and DPS'd also.. and that worked well. The warrior went down pretty quick. The other team's lock tried to fear the hunter but he used that hunter fear immunity thing early and that was it. This method didn't work against a team with a war/priest. I'm not sure yet what we can do about that. I have a hard time controlling priests.

I don't think we saw a war/rog/healer team, but ya, that would be a tough combo. We're a total drain/fear team and that would be a nightmare. I try to use fear liberally early to get the game going as long as possible, which is way better for us.

The funny thing is that I saw the hunter advertising for a priest and druid for 3s. I got him on our team and we faced that hunter/priest/druid combo a couple times and demolished them. It takes quite a while, but the other team's hunter is running around with no mana and it's LOL.

As a lock, I feel a lot stronger in 3's. I generally get left alone, and siphon life gives me enough health to tap as much as I need. Our 2's team is really frustrating because there's either a rogue, warrior, or druid in every team.. and it's impossible to compete against druids that do massive healing just spamming hots.. and the healing debuffs wreck Ish's healing.

Oh.. one great 3s game we played was against rogue/fire mage/fire mage. If I hadn't got a spell lock and fear on one of the mages, it would have been simultaneous pom/pyros and GG. As it turned out, they got 2 off in sucession but pain supression owned them. We got 20 points for that game, so that team must have a pretty good rating.

The 3v is fun. We'll always be weak against heavy melee teams, but maybe once we get some better gear and get our mechanics more solid, I think we'll do okay.

Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:27 am

RMP, Shadowplay and WLD games will give you the best indication for where your comp stands in 3s.

Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:22 am
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

RMP, Shadowplay and WLD games will give you the best indication for where your comp stands in 3s.

We did well against the RMP we faced. Granted it was a team in the 1500s... You really have to see it to believe how fast a mage will go oom with a hunter priest and lock draining them. With a oom mage it becomes a pr team. It did take a while to actually kill them, but it wasn't terribly difficult, even with me sheeped there wasnt a lot of damage being output by a rogue and oom mage.

Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:02 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

My new 2v partner... needless to say, we lost the game.

Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:54 pm
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:50 pm
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:20 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

No.. it's serious.. I heard him talking to his gf on the phone over vent.. and it started to sound like an argument, but really.. was way different. He would have to have been going out of his way to put on a show for me if it was bs.. and when he was telling me about it on vent.. all I could do was the "umm. okay.. hope you have fun" thing..

My first night playing with him.. we got to something like 1730 and we started hitting some really good teams, and dropped down a ways.. but it was fun. We just need to get some strats down and cc rotations and we'll do okay.

The games can take eons.. and I think I'm the one that's fucking up in the games we've lost.

Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:29 am