It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:31 pm

How the hell do you do this in vista 

Post How the hell do you do this in vista
I like to sort my files chronologically. Like, older files at the bottom, newer files at the top. I do this for things I download like music(so I can see a progression of what I was interested at the time), images, etc. I just did this with sort by->modified.

Vista is a giant slut, and when I copied some directories over from my pc to the new laptop(which has vista), it has no such option to sort them that way that I can find.

Anyone know how to do this?

Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:39 am
Likes pie
Likes pie

Post Re: How the hell do you do this in vista
Don't have vista at work so doing this from memory :P

when you're in detail view in windows explorer you can right click or through the menu add another column of date modified. Once it's been added you can then sort by it.

Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:51 am
Profile WWW

Yep just add the date modified or date created column to the view.

So View -> Group By -> More then you can add whatever detail you want.

Vista really isnt an issue people just dont like the unfamiliar (although UAC can fuck right off).

Good news is, the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show a median latency of forty-four point six years, so if you're thirty or older, you're laughing. Worst case scenario, you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator and it makes a happy face.

Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:28 pm
says Hi!
says Hi!

You just click on the date modified column-- oh wait- - you aren't using apple....

"Love means pretending to pay attention"

Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:51 pm

It's actually one of the stranger design decisions really. MS had the date modified column as a standard in all folders under XP, but under Vista you have to enable it depending on whats in the folder.

Good news is, the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show a median latency of forty-four point six years, so if you're thirty or older, you're laughing. Worst case scenario, you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator and it makes a happy face.

Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:15 am
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

I'm pretty sure they wanted to be more dynamic with folder design. Like it can tell what type of data is in it and customise it to that.

I other puter' related news. Virtualization is fun and P to V conversions aren't at all troublesome :shock:

Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:38 am

Well its back in windows 7 so shrug.

Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:19 am
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Anyone got a copy through work? It's not publicly released for a bit but it seems to be available to manufacturers and organisational clients..
We got a couple to play with. I really like.. thinking of buying a new puter when it's released as well.

Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:04 pm

Education department is releasing it next month I think, hopefully get a copy sometime then :)

Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:52 pm
says Hi!
says Hi!

morfuin wrote:
Anyone got a copy through work? It's not publicly released for a bit but it seems to be available to manufacturers and organisational clients..
We got a couple to play with. I really like.. thinking of buying a new puter when it's released as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqBcBea0 ... L&index=29

"Love means pretending to pay attention"

Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:00 am

morfuin wrote:

You mean windows 7?

Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:57 am
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Phaded wrote:
morfuin wrote:

You mean windows 7?

Yeah, I thought it was implied since I posted just after you mentioned it was back in W7. But yeah.. that's what I'm talking about.

Pretty interesting stuff Pic.. Looks like a giant iPhone.. and I like my iPhone for a phone... but I can't see any professional or real gaming application for it. Making it a bit of a gimmick innovation.

Paramedics is most of Australia use tablet PC with a stylus and have done for quite some time.. They use Panasonic tough books .. and despite the advertising stunt of putting these things in a cage with a tiger and elephant. They're not even up to the task. You be surprised how easy they break when it gets tossed into a wall 10 meters away or driven over by an ambulance by a raging paramedic lol.

Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:27 am

picardie wrote:
morfuin wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqBcBea0 ... L&index=29

Looks cool, but typing on a touchscreen is terrible. Even with a feedback feature it's still terrible. You'd really want a USB keyboard imo. Other than that, seems neat.

Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:14 am