It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:12 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 660 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 44  Next
Heroes of Newerth and other new games 
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post Re: Heroes of Newerth and other new games
I finished the main quest of Skyrim today as well, at level 28. I guess I didn't realize how close to the end I was until I was finishing the thing. There is still SOOOOOOO much left to do. I barely spent any of my perk points either, still have 12 to use.

I guess the game wasn't overly difficult, but I liked it that way. I like just killing guys and doing quests.

There are still 2 or 3 main strongholds that I haven't visited, and probably 33% of the map does not look like the rest (covered in found dungeons and stones etc).

I think I'll putz around a bit more on the destro mage, but save a lot of the content for a new char. Probably an assassin type, do the thieves guild and dark brotherhood quests. I also plan to go back to the orc (or make another warrior type) and do the companion and civil war quests.

Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:26 pm
Profile WWW

So due to boredom and still no release date for Diablo 3, I decided to give SWTOR a whirl. Ordered the standard cd key for $49 which gives me a months play so I figure if I get bored with it by then, I haven't wasted a lot of money.

Good thing was the site I bought my key from sent me a Digital Deluxe key instead of a standard one, although from what I can tell there isn't much difference apart from a couple of extras. I'll be playing on The Swiftsure server which apparantly is a server with a lot of Aussies on it.

Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:35 am
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Still Skyrimming along, yet not at the same pace that I started. I created a Wood-elf who became a stealth ranger type. Currently I'm level 22 and just finished the Thieves guild quest line. It was pretty good, although not as good as the Mage College line. I'm plan to keep playing this character for awhile, I'm barely into the main quest line as it seemed pointless to repeat it.

I'm going to try out some storm cloak stuff and hopefully the Dark Brotherhood line if I can figure out how to get that started.

The different play style helps keep the game fresh, and trying out new quest lines and exploring new parts of the world really does extend the life of the game.

Hopefully Diablo III isn't too far out, but I imagine I can stay busy with Skyrim until it is released.

Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:49 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
You're Invited: Diablo III Beta Test

Congratulations! You've been selected to participate in the Diablo III beta test.

Checked my battle.net account. It's legit. I might need to give that a try.

Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:54 pm
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Micas wrote:
Quote:
You're Invited: Diablo III Beta Test

Congratulations! You've been selected to participate in the Diablo III beta test.

Checked my battle.net account. It's legit. I might need to give that a try.

Jealous. Maybe I need to get one of these battle.net accounts.

Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:54 am
Profile WWW

Much hate for Micas :Z

Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:42 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Diablo 3 isn't worth playing now. Apparently they invited 100k new accounts, and the servers are choking on it. Single player is server side, so the game freezes in combat. You can hear the sound and all, but can't move.

It looks kind of crappy anyway. I have the graphics maxed and it's shitty.. plus pushing left mouse and right mouse for the combat is rather 1992. The beta will work as a demo I guess, but so far, bucket o' shit.

Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:56 pm

I'd say they're stress testing their servers before they bring out the final release. I got to play a little bit of the beta using a friends account a while ago, seemed to run okay on my machine but hopefully it gets optimized a little more as it was chugging a little (could have been lag though).

I'm still keen to get it though, gave up on SWTOR after leveling a sage to 42. Good game but not one that I'd pay an extra $15 a month for to keep going with. Felt more like a SP game with co-op elements than an MMO in the end. Also, they still have a few bugs to work out as well but might be worth having another look at in the future.

Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:30 pm

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/667 ... -adventure

So I don't know if anyone has been keeping an eye on this but yesterday Tim Schafer/Double Fine opened up a kickstarter page to publicly fund the development of a new game. Basically Tim wanted to make a new point and click (Monkey Island, Full Throttle and Day of the Tentacle style) game, however he doubted he would be successful in pulling in publisher funding.

So as an experiment he decided to go directly to the gaming community to crowd source the funds to make it, the goal was $400k in 33 day... it's now up to just shy of $900K in a little over 1.

This could have a pretty big impact on how a lot of smaller games are developed in future and it's pretty damn exciting. The prospect of keeping the creative vision sucking mega publishers out of the development of titles and instead just making games for the studio and the fans is pretty damn awesome.

They're offering some special stuff for people who donate more than the price of the game (if you kick in $15 you get the game on Steam when it's released), I chucked in $100 so I get a mention in the credits :)

Good news is, the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show a median latency of forty-four point six years, so if you're thirty or older, you're laughing. Worst case scenario, you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator and it makes a happy face.

Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:49 pm

Great idea and looks like the experiment has worked extremely well. I'll kick in $15 to get the game.

Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:18 pm

Good news is, the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show a median latency of forty-four point six years, so if you're thirty or older, you're laughing. Worst case scenario, you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator and it makes a happy face.

Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:12 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Just another plug for a game that I own a piece of.. :)

Project CARS is a crowd sourced racing sim by the studio that did the Shift series and GTR, GPL before it. This is a full blown sim and not some kind of NFS type game. It's absolutely stunning now, and there's still a bit over a year left to go in development. It will absolutely crush every other sim that's ever been released. It'll be released on PC, PS3, XBox and WII U. 1 million shipped units will result in 4x returns, and DLC tacked on top. It's being written for PC, and then ported to consoles.

Right now, the graphic team is working on the time of day and weather system. Picture Dead Red Redemption style time of day and weather, and add in the best lighting and rendering engine that's ever been implemented in a racing game. I've seen some prototyping and it's jaw dropping.

I made a short video tonight with just a bit of footage. This track is WIP, and has a long way to go, but it'll give you an idea of what it looks like. I made the video to report a bug. I think the AI ran out of fuel on lap 14. They recently setup the parameters for the fuel tank size and consumption rate, but I don't think they tweaked the starting fuel load yet to match the race length.

It'll have all aspects of real racing, including pit stops and drive/crew communication. I'm pushing them to add voice recognition software so that you can radio your pits to call for tire changes, chassis tweaks and fuel loads, etc. Pretty much every aspect of racing you can think of will be in the sim. As part of the weather model, they're adding in wind that will affect the flags and banners at the track, as well as the aerodynamics of the cars. It's ridiculous the amount of detail.

Here's my quick vid;

Here's one a community member did that's more a showcase of a build from last month. It's impressive. I plan to make a very intricate video once the content is more fleshed out and the weather/TOD system is in place. I plan to use the Get Up track from the new Korn album.. should be pretty ace.

For 25 euro buy-in, you can get a weekly build and access to the forums. It's incredibly active, and quite fun. It's just like TDA where there are a contingent that hate me with the burn of a thousand suns.. so the emo is pretty amusing. Every buy-in, regardless of amount, will get a commensurate share of the revenue.

One amusing thing is that they have a voting system in place for the community to make decisions on game features and other ideas. We had one today to decide whether the game would ship as a full box/digital download + DLC, or as a F2P with microtransactions. The vote turned out for box - but the really funny thing is that they weight the votes by amount invested. The rest of the community was a bit put off that my vote was worth more than everyone else's combined.. lol

Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:50 pm

Korakas wrote:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/66710809/double-fine-adventure

Tossed in $15 because it looks interesting, and I support any effort of cutting the middle man out at this point.

Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:18 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

The WMD portal is worth the 10 euros just for the forum. There's something like 15,000 members and I'm in full nuke mode.. it's glorious... some of the best shit I've written in years... lol

Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:12 pm

Micas wrote:
The WMD portal is worth the 10 euros just for the forum. There's something like 15,000 members and I'm in full nuke mode.. it's glorious... some of the best shit I've written in years... lol

if you have not read this yet, you should:

http://www.amazon.com/Daemon-Daniel-Suarez/dp/0525951113

Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:26 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 660 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 44  Next