It is currently Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:17 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 660 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next
Heroes of Newerth and other new games 

Post Re: Heroes of Newerth and other new games
Max Payne was alright, however I'm not entirely for the implementation of the cover mechanic in that game. The key reason for the inclusion of bullet time in the previous titles was that said bullet time mechanic was Max's version of cover.

Now in order to balance out the ability to hide behind walls they've reduced Max's over all health and increased the amount of bullets the enemy soak up. This in turn spoils the very best thing about a Max Payne game, that being the ability to do a slow motion dive into the middle of a room (which has the added bonus of feeling completely bad ass) and take out everyone before the bullet time runs out thus solving the combat puzzle.

I also miss Sam Lake's dialogue, it's not that Dan Houser's spin on the character is bad... but it's not how I like my Max Payne to sound. That being said the over all story goes to some pretty fucking dark places.

Good news is, the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show a median latency of forty-four point six years, so if you're thirty or older, you're laughing. Worst case scenario, you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator and it makes a happy face.

Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:20 pm

Yeah I've had to dive a lot less in MP3, unless you take everyone out you lose a lot of health getting back up and finding cover. That said I've had some pretty wicked dives in this game, went over a rail at the stadium and flew over about 4 rows of chairs taking guys out. Have had a lot of satisfying kills in the game so far.

Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:26 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

I love my GTX 670s. If your budget can go to $400, and you have CPU power behind it, it is amazing.

May Payne is on my to-do list, but I still haven't played through Dead Space 1 & 2 that I bought a few months back on a steam deal.

Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:29 am

Did you pick up the FTW versions? I put a friend onto one of those and he's been loving it. The out of the box clock on those things makes them just absolutely beastly, especially when you do a price comparison against a 680.

I hit Inferno finally in Diablo last night, man that shit is messed up... I need new gear.

Good news is, the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show a median latency of forty-four point six years, so if you're thirty or older, you're laughing. Worst case scenario, you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator and it makes a happy face.

Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:44 pm

I found a way to make Diablo actually use my 680's you guys.

Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:44 am
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

That's pretty badass. :)

Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:42 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Korakas wrote:
Did you pick up the FTW versions?

The FTW versions are 2GB parts. I bought the 4GB Super Clocked version. I have them running at 1200/6400 right now. I haven't tried going any higher. And ya, they are beastly. I can't imagine flipping my monitors around like that for D3.. lol. It's fine on one monitor. I do notice that when I zone into a new area and there are tons of mobs, it lags like mad. I know it's not my CPU or video, so it has to be the hard drive loading the data. I do need to move to an SSD and prices are coming down.

And for the record, Project CARS is using more than 2GB of the frame buffer at 5760x1200 with 4xMSAA. It's not optimized at all yet, but then there are a lot of assets not in the game either. It might actually end up benefiting from the extra memory.

Rhalin showed us a way to turn act 2 into a loot pinata. I've made about 4 mil in 3 days of doing it so far. I see you're playing a monk.. I am also. This is the spec I'm using. I had been using breath of heaven, runed with blazing wrath.. and mantra of conviction with over awe. That works well for really high DPS, but as you've noticed, inferno is different. You'll get walled into turrets or desecration a lot. Seven sided attack and serenity are great to rotate with to avoid that damage and get out of the puddles. I mostly followed this guy's advice.

Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:48 am

Are the PCARS guys going to be adding some kind of post AA methods? If they are SMAA is totally the way to go over standard MLAA or FXAA, it looks much nicer.

http://www.iryoku.com/smaa/

Of courses the other option would be to get some of that new TXAA that Nvidia talked up for the 600 series.

Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:20 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

It's a next gen sim.. they're going further than that. Right now it has SMAA, SMAA S2X, FXAA, and TXAA is probable.

They haven't released a build with the weather system yet, but it looks.. better than Skyrim, based on screenshots the devs have posted. They have 2 engineers working on just that right now, with assistance from a meteorologist, so they get things like cloud types in layers right, and min/max wind speeds - which of course affects the forces on the car. It'll have lighting strikes and such. The sun rise and set is epic. The level of detail is pretty nutty.

They show us shit like this on a regular basis;

Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:23 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

And speaking of pCARS.. the Pagani Huayra got some love recently in PC Gamer.

Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:46 pm

Damn Steam summer sales. I've already picked up Hard Reset, the Back to the Future pack and the Alan Wake Franchise pack for about $20.

Should have started this sale 2 weeks earlier when I wasn't about to go back to work :P

Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:53 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

This shit is funny as fuck;

Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:42 pm

Well the Steam sales finish today and I'm $100 lighter from buying the following:

Hard Reset: Extended edition
Back to the Future: The Game
Alan Wake Bundle
Renegade Ops
Batman Arkham City: Harley Quinn DLC
Trine Bundle
Fallout 3 – Game of the Year
FEAR Complete Pack
Shoot Many Robots
Unreal Deal
Dreamfall: The Longest Journey
Beyond Good and Evil
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition
Machinarium
Far Cry Complete
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box
Prince of Persia
Broken Sword – Trilogy Pack
Syberia Collection
Bioshock 2
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood

So many games, so little time.

Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:33 pm

Just played through the first 2 episodes of The Walking Dead, was astoundingly better than what I expected. Telltale has been in a bit of a slump recently, but damn if this isn't their A game.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:00 am

Yeah really enjoyed the Walking Dead game so far, well written and interesting choices to make. I also like at the end of each episode how it shows the percentages for the decisions people made in the game.

Have to say out of the Steam sales so far, the games I'm enjoying the most are the Broken Sword series. Love point and click adventure games and not sure why I haven't tried this series before but it's quite good. The first two games were also recently remastered for HD as well so they still hold up pretty well on modern system.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:07 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 660 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next