It is currently Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:10 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 742 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next
Movies & TV 

Post Re: Movies & TV
They do some stupid things in that show just to get a reaction out of the audience.

Who left Gramps in charge of keeping watch? Says it's all good and then suddenly there's a herd of zombies coming at them from 50m away. It's not like they were running towards them either. His cataracs must have been playing up.

Plus if I was Rick, I would have lost my nut after the mum blamed him for losing his daughter in the woods. I didn't see her running after her own daughter and then kill a couple of zombies with a rock.

Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:49 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

I annoy my teevee viewing partner by describing the script moments before it happens.

Oh look how peaceful and tranquil the road is with all these vehicles. There must be a flock of zombies that come by this road on a regular interval, because it's much too boring otherwise. Damn good thing they didn't steal a 2 million dollar RV to travel in style, but rather got a piece of shit that will break down regularly. Fuck locking any doors or anything.

Watch.. the zombie will pick out the one RV that has a person in it from the other 300 RVs on the road. Watch, she'll juggle her gun parts around.. and just as the zombie is about to leave, she'll drop a part and the zombie will hear it.. and so on and so forth.

It's ridiculously predictable... stupid.. inane.. and madly disappointing, with really bad dialog and only one plot element that exists from episode to episode.. the love triangle. You just know that going to end up in some kind of testosterone confrontation.

Every time that fucking show comes on, I tell my partner that if the Zombie apocalypse ever happens, I'm taking the gun and the dog and we're off on our own, and I'm stealing a motorcycle. I'm not going to hang with a band of morons just so I can get my brain eaten when somebody does something stupid. I'm going all Rambo.. the original movie Rambo.. with the face paint and the weapons.. and I'm going to be in stealth mode.. along with my dog, who will be there to alert me to roaming zombies while I'm sleeping.

The only redeeming event in the entire 90 minutes was when that little bastard got shot. Normally, when people get shot with a high caliber weapon, with a bullet that just passed through a fucking deer, that tends to cause a massive amounts of damage, and they bleed to death in about 5 minutes at most. Not so in this piece of shit show. We're going to have to find a trauma surgeon who will patch the fucker back up.

How can you possibly have a show about zombies and fuck it up? I could write kick ass scripts for it in a matter of hours, without any of the predictable horror movie cliche bullshit.. run from the zombie and fall down!

A tv version of 28 Days Later would have been a billion times better than this Gilligan's Zombie Island retread.

Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:40 am

Yup, agree with a lot of what you said there. Personally they could kill off everyone but maybe one or two characters and I wouldn't care that much.

The other big incosistancy that got me was them hiding under the cars. In the first season, they had to drape themselves in zombie entrails so that they wouldn't be noticed as they were walking through a crowd of them. Then when the rain came, they suddenly were noticed and had to bolt. In this case, zombies didn't seem to care. Must be a different breed of zombie I guess....

Oh but they react to noise you might be thinking. Well how about when the blonde chick in the winnebago was making a racket with the hick zombie while she was stabbing its eyes out. The other zombies must have figured it was the wind or something and just kept on shufflin.

I must say though the one thing this show has going for it is the zombie makeup. It's quite well done for a TV show and pretty gruesome in some parts.

I also read that this was meant to be a 90 min ep but it got cut back and re-edited back to 60 minutes for some reason. Also Darabont co-wrote the script for it but was credited under a false name. Might be part of the reason why he's no longer with the show.

And Fox are going to be making a series based off the Zombieland movie:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f ... edy-249487

Hopefully they've been watching The Walking Dead and learning from its mistakes.

Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:23 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Oh hell.. now that you mention it, it did seem less than the advertised 90 minutes. So it was so fucking bad that they hacked 30 minutes out of it and still left us with a 60 minute bore fest of a shit, inconsistent, show.

You're right about the racket what's-her-name was making.. and all she did was whine about her gun the entire time and I couldn't fathom why the old dude wouldn't give it to her. Maybe it had something to do with her off'ing herself.. but I'd certainly give her the damn gun if it would shut her the fuck up to eat a bullet.

I hadn't even cared to notice the inconsistency with last season's requirement that they not smell alive and thus having had to cover themselves in icky zombie goo, whilst this time only needing to remain out of sight merely feet away from the flock of zombies (which would be a great name for a band btw).

They must realize it's complete shit and are hitting the panic button. As I said, it's nearly impossible to fuck that up. Writing the script would be easy. Heck, I feel bad for the black guy. Wasn't he some badass last season, and now he gets no lines and does nothing but bleed (which goes unnoticed by this new type of zombie).

The only thing Zombieland really had going for it was Woody Harrelson. The kid was pretty good too. Errrr.. I just looked at Woody's IMDB to see if maybe the new tv show was listed for pre-production and noticed that the main picture they're using for him... he looks like a zombie pretty much. He needs to go see whoever is fixing Brad Pitt because he's got git off muh lawn happening to him already. And by "fixing" like Brad Pitt, I'm pretty sure it has something to do with Satan and bathing in the blood of babies. Have you seen that guy? He's like 92 years old now or something.

Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:08 am

Yes please.

Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:10 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

So the finales of Dexter and Boardwalk Empire were really weird. I think I might be over Dexter... it's just become stupid. Big Bang Theory is also losing steam. Walking Dead was a bore.. Seems like South Park seasons now consist of 5 episodes.. so I guess the only thing I really enjoyed so far is Beavis & Butthead.

Seems like zero Sci-fi on tv anymore.

Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:58 pm

This season of Dexter was meh, the big swerve during the middle of the season was so predictable it wasn't funny. Plus Dex's sister having those sessions just to find out she's in love with him was terrible, just terrible writing. The last minute of the finale was the only interesting part but I'm still not sure I'll bother watching next season or the one after that.

Boardwalk Empire on the other hand was great this season, a big step up from Season 1. Didn't see Jimmy getting killed at the end which to me is a huge risk for the writers as he was one of the central characters. But I think they're looking at focusing on Al Copone for the rest of the show running so will be interesting to see how that develops. As long as Harrow is still around, it's all good.

Best show of the year for me was Homeland, great cast and some very decent writing as well. I reckon Claire Daines will get the Emmy for her performance in this, she played a bi polar person extremely well. Plus seeing Morena Baccarin's boobs quite a few times during the season didn't hurt either ;) If you haven't watched this show yet, get onto it.

And yeah, nothing sci fi on really at the moment which is a bit disappointing. I might go through and watch Babylon 5 again to get my fix.

Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:26 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

It wasn't just terrible writing, it was a gratuitous plea for attention. Maybe the ratings were falling or something and they thought something that strange would generate buzz. For me, it just ruined the glue that held the show together, which was their relationship. I've done a bit of reading and apparently it's been widely panned by the critics.

They should have stuck to the formula that worked. I think for the entire season, Dexter only bagged one serial killer. The rest were random one offs. It annoys me that they bring on some big name actor and put the entire season's story arc around them, even if they did try and put a twist on it this time. That and the rest of the characters on the show had pretty much zero plot. They were just there. Awful.

Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:05 pm

http://redlettermedia.com/plinkett/indi ... stal-skull

Same guy that did the reviews on the Star Wars prequals. Just starting to watch it now, should be good :)

Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:57 pm

I just finished watching the full run of community, it's currently on extended hiatus while they decide the fate to the series. It's a fucking shame there's a chance it will be canceled, it's one of the better comedy shows I've seen on TV in a while.

Good news is, the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show a median latency of forty-four point six years, so if you're thirty or older, you're laughing. Worst case scenario, you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator and it makes a happy face.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:34 pm

Yeah Community was great. I just finished watching all of The League, stayed away from it because it was about American fantasy football but it doesn't really come into the show that much. Has to be one of the best comedies on TV right now along with It's Always Sunny. Definately recommended.

Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:17 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Awesome.. I think it's the prequal to Alien judging by the clues they put in the trailer.. Maybe that will kick start sci-fi again, and we'll get some good tv series.

So.. The Walking Dead sucked.. except for the last episode. It was just terrible. The zombies were nothing but a MacGuffin.

On the other hand.. Spartacus has been pretty good. The new guy doesn't have the same charm as Andy Whitfield, but he's doing a pretty good job. I still find it odd where in fictionalized events, a crowd of people will try and rescue somebody, and 50 other people end up dying just to get them out.. but those dead ones were just extras.

Californication is awful.. just completely unwatchable now.. and Big Bang Theory is losing it.. really just average now.

Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:22 pm

http://io9.com/5895080/totally-badass-t ... and-chrome

Trailer for the new BSG series which now looks like it's going to be a web series only. Still looks pretty neat though.

And I'm keen to see Prometheus as well.

Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:00 pm

South Park has been coming out swinging so far this season.

Good news is, the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show a median latency of forty-four point six years, so if you're thirty or older, you're laughing. Worst case scenario, you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator and it makes a happy face.

Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:29 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Azareus wrote:
http://io9.com/5895080/totally-badass-trailer-for-battlestar-galacticas-cylon-war-prequel-blood-and-chrome

Trailer for the new BSG series which now looks like it's going to be a web series only. Still looks pretty neat though.

And I'm keen to see Prometheus as well.

I watch The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo last night, which was pretty good. It opened with that same Trent Reznor version of Immigrant Song. Pretty cool rendition. I guess Trent is doing movies now.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:09 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 742 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next